Tuesday 22 February 2011

Week 7: West Country Apple Cake

Anyone who knows me, even just a little, knows that I have a sweet tooth. I love cake, pretty much any cake but John doesn't have such a sweet tooth. He's not a huge fan of cake but when I bought an apple and cinnamon cake before Christmas he loved it. Ever since I've been looking for a really tasty apple cake recipe and I finally found one that worked really well and tasted delicious.
This recipe can be found on the Good Food website. I did however make some minor changes to the website's recipe.

Whilst adding the flour I added a teaspoon of cinnamon. Who doesn't like cinnamon with their apples? I also left off the last part of the recipe with the apple brandy - the cake was still delicious and I just don't own any apple brandy or calvados.

It wasn't a particuarly sweet cake, even with the caramalised apples, but this suited us. It made such a nice treat with a cup of tea.

Lisa x

No comments: