Wednesday 2 February 2011

Week 4: Cinnamon Beef Stew

Ok, so I'm a little late reporting on last weeks recipe. Well a lot late but I promise this was cooked last Wednesday evening.

This week's recipe was taken from Tana Ramsay's book 'Homemade'.


I love rich winter food's like stew when it is cold outside and this one has to be one of my favourites. Made using braising steak, the flavours of the cinnamon, beef, red wine and tomato really add to that rustic flavour. It reminds me of Beef Stifado I had when in Greece.

Although the dish takes quite a long time to prepare and cook, I have to say it is certainly worth the effort. I marinated the beef in red wine for 90 minutes before cooking and it made the beef tender as well as giving it plenty of flavour.

I will definetly try other winter warmer dishes but this one is going to take some beating.

Lisa x

No comments: