Wednesday 30 March 2011

Save The Date!

John and I have set the date for our wedding! We will be getting married on Saturday 6th October 2012.

We decided to get married next year due to a number of reasons. We want to get married in the autumn so this year was really too soon what with opening the shop and everything. We want to give us enough time so that we wont be stressed with all the organisation and making various things for the big day. We are going to having a very handmade wedding.

Autumn Tree

Autumn is probably our favourite season. The colours are gorgeous - red... orange... gold... I can't wait to have our wedding photos under trees which will be full of rich coloured leaves. And what with my love for vintage, we pretty much have our theme covered.

So our next step is designing our Save The Date cards. Alot of our family don't live locally and rather than just ringing them to say 'we've booked our wedding', we'd like to give them something pretty to look.

So I've been looking round for inspiration. Here are a few that we like...


Both John and I love typography, so we really like this style of invite alot.


I love that this invite is quite simple in design. I love the rounded corners and I also love the envelope lining.


Another example of using typography, this time mixing a vintage look with modern fonts.

Cheeese
We love this drawing of a vintage camera, I'm thinking of creating my own vintage inspired drawings to use on all our stationery.

It is so hard trying to find something that is just right, afterall, we've got to love it for the next 18 months!

Lisa x

No comments: