Tuesday 1 March 2011

Week 8: Mushroom & Spinach Lasagne

Lasagne is one of my favourite dishes. I also love cooking it so I thought I'd mix it up a little by creating a vegetarian lasagne with spinach and mushroom.

This recipe can be found on the Good to Know website.


When reading the recipe I wasn't sure about using creme fraiche so instead I replaced it with a traditional white sauce.

The end result was delicious. Other mushroom and spinach lasagnes I had eaten in the past were made simply with a cream sauce. This one is made up of 3 layers - the creamy white sauce, the spinach and then the mushrooms cooked in a tomato sauce. The tomato made a lovely change and really added to the flavours of the spinach and mushrooms.

If you love Italian food, I would really recommend trying this dish.

Lisa x

No comments: